Become part of a unique community of physicians, dentists, and related professionals from all specialties practicing cosmetic medicine. Members develop common goals, encourage education and research, establish standards of practice, and support, augment, and advance the science and art of cosmetic surgery.
The AACS membership year is October 1 – September 30. Dues are prorated for new members based on join date.
Membership applications will require supporting materials, such as current medical / dental license, proof of residency / fellowship program enrollment, endorsement form, etc. Application materials may be uploaded during application or emailed directly to Margaret Bengtson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AACS offers the following categories of membership – which one is right for you?
Our prestigious Fellow membership level distinguishes a physician (MD, DO, DDS or DMD) for his or her commitment to cosmetic surgery through extensive education and professional accomplishments.
- Explore our three Pathways to becoming an Fellow with the AACS: Traditional, Non-Core, and Board Certification.
- Fellows may vote and hold office and are eligible to receive all benefits of membership.
Physician membership may be granted to any physician (MD, DO, DDS or DMD) who:
- Is a member of the medical and/or dental professions who performs cosmetic surgery or medicine.
- Physicians may vote and hold office and are eligible to receive all benefits of membership.
- International physicians are welcome to apply for Physician Membership.
Allied Health membership may be granted to anyone who:
- Performs professional services related to cosmetic surgery and is not open to individuals who hold the following degrees: MD, DO, DDS, DMD or equivalent.
- Allied Health members may vote and hold office and are eligible to receive applicable benefits of membership, including complementary WebClinics.
Resident membership may be granted to any physician who:
- Has a current United States and/or Canadian medical or dental license in the location where he/she is practicing or training.
- Is participating in residency or fellowship training in an American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS) approved surgical specialty, an American Osteopathic Association Bureau of Osteopathic Specialists (AOA-BOS) approved surgical specialty, or other surgical specialty deemed equivalent by the Academy, such as: Dermatologic Surgery, General Surgery, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Ophthalmic Surgery (Ophthalmology), Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, Otolaryngology, or Plastic Surgery
- Resident members who are no longer in residency/fellowship training may upgrade their membership to Physician or Fellow level at any time by contacting the AACS.
- Resident members enjoy access to monthly AACS WebClinics at no cost, in addition to networking opportunities, Academy news and updates, and discounts on other AACS education and CME programs. Resident members are not eligible to vote or hold office.
Membership Dues Policy: AACS members are interested in being part of a forum for physicians and dentists and related professionals from all specialties practicing cosmetic surgery in order to develop common goals, encourage education and research, establish standards of practice, and support, augment, and advance the science and art of cosmetic surgery; and by their membership, in the opinion of the Academy’s Board of Trustees, will advance the Academy’s exempt purpose and mission.
Completed membership applications are reviewed and approved by the AACS Membership Committee and Board of Trustees on a monthly basis. Applications are not considered complete without payment and required supporting materials. The initial and annual dues for each category of membership of the Academy, and the time for paying such dues and other assessments, including the $100 new member initiation fee, shall be determined from time to time by the Board. Membership dues and fees are not refundable and not transferable (including, without limitation, in the event of any early termination of a member's membership).
Active Duty Member Policy: Members actively serving in the United States military are excused from paying annual membership dues beginning with the annual billing year following the commencement of their military service and continuing until the annual billing year following the conclusion of their active duty service. Other fees associated with participating in Academy events, meetings, and programs are not excused, and shall remain due and payable. The military member must provide active duty military verification and confirm they do not have employment outside the military. The verification letter can be sent to email@example.com. When applying, please submit the application and do not complete the payment page.
Need Help? If you started an application and need assistance completing the process or submitting your materials, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 312.981.6760 (weekdays, 9:00am - 5:00pm central time).