May President's Newsletter
Wednesday, May 31, 2017
Last week, your AACS Board of Trustees met and reviewed progress towards our 2016-2018 Strategic Goals:
- Sustainability – Strengthen the Academy through leadership and resource development.
- Member Value – Provide value and opportunity with inclusive and relevant member benefits.
- Education – Enhance and expand educational opportunities.
- Professional Presence – Increase awareness of the Academy to the cosmetic surgery community.
Thanks to the great work of your dedicated volunteer leaders and professional staff, I'm proud to report that the AACS is looking better than ever.
- We are celebrating an outstanding 88 percent member retention rate so far in 2017
- Our new member referral program resulted in nine new members
- The AACS Certified Fellowship Program has seen a 110 percent increase in program applications, thanks in part to targeted social media campaigns to surgical residents
- Our workshops, conferences, and webinars are performing very well, particularly our May 9 WebClinic by president-elect Suzan Obagi, MD, which set a record for webinar attendees with 51 in attendance
- Saint Louis University School of Medicine has agreed to joint provide accreditation approval for the AACS CME activities. Saint Louis University will be responsible for the activity review and approval of AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ for each activity that is submitted for review. Please refer to the information on each activity listing for the complete statement and the number of approved credits
- Our redesigned AACS website homepage now directs patients to a procedure description library for patient education
- The Cosmetic Surgery Foundation is surpassing fundraising goals for support of AACS education and research
As your governing body of volunteers, we infuse the AACS mission to "advance the multi-specialty, global discipline of cosmetic surgery and medicine for the benefit of patients and practitioners" in everything we do. It is our sincerest hope that you see this reflected in the various programs and benefits provided to you as members.
I hope you take advantage of these programs, many of which are listed below, and realize the rewards in the form of growth and success for your cosmetic surgery practice.
Michael Kluska, DO