5 Things To Do in Hollywood, Florida
Friday, August 21, 2015
From sandy beaches lined by a one-of-a-kind promenade to a historic downtown district decorated with quaint shops and restaurants, Hollywood, Florida makes it easy to mix business and pleasure. Here are 5 things for you to do when you're not attending sessions and lectures.
- Hollywood North Beach Park boasts stunning views of the Intracoastal Waterway, 60-foot observation tower, picnic areas, fishing piers, and access to 1.1 miles of Hollywood's public beaches.
- Part of the Great Florida Birding and Wildlife Trail, the Anne Kolb Nature Center is home to a wide variety of plants and animals, including threatened and endangered species. Kayak, canoe, or hike through this coastal mangrove wetland.
- The Art and Culture Center of Hollywood presents contemporary gallery exhibitions and live stage performances for all audiences.
- Step back in time to 1133 AD in northern Spain, when construction of the Church of St. Bernard de Clairvaux began. The Monastery made its way to Florida thanks to William Randolph Hearst, who purchased the Cloisters and the Monastery's outbuildings in 1925, dismantled the structures, packed them into more than 11,000 wooden crates, and shipped them to the US.
- Named one of America's Best Beach Boardwalks by Travel + Leisure magazine, the Hollywood Beach Boardwalk stretches two and a half miles along the Atlantic. The promenade plays host to strollers, joggers, bicyclists, and numerous eateries and cafés.
If you haven't already, register for the 2016 Annual Scientific Meeting in Hollywood, Florida, January 14-16, today.